A significant factor influencing flavour in the cup is the roasting method. The roasting process gives green beans taste, aroma and colour, transforming the fats into volatile oils and caramelising the sugars.
In our ongoing quest for roasting perfection we changed from traditional drum roasting, which combines conductive and convective heat, to the newer technology of hot air roasting which uses only convective heat.
This method produces consistently cleaner, sweeter-tasting coffee.
- Beans are suspended in a stream of hot air with no risk of scorching.
- Superior levels of temperature control.
- Convective heat transfers evenly through the beans resulting in full flavour development.
- Chaff is removed rapidly from the roast chamber minimising residual smoke.
- Improved energy savings and lower emissions.